Having been born and raised in New Orleans, and spending a good portion of my youth hearing all about voodoo legends and idolatry, you can probably understand why Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers was one of my favorite games growing up. This is in addition to its sequel The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery. You may remember the latter being mentioned on my blog in my favorite retro games (part one) post. If you do, you can probably imagine my excitement at the revamping and release of the 20th anniversary edition of the Sins of the Father to be unleashed to the world on October 15th.
The award winning original game, released in 1993, has been re-imagined with the best of yesterday and today, adding additional puzzles, scenes and high-definition graphics, bringing the 20-year-old adventure to new life for fans, both old and new. You will play as Gabriel Knight, struggling author and bookstore owner in the great city of New Orleans, where you will investigate a series of ritual voodoo killings in the terrifying tale of sacrifice and murder.
Key features include:
- Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time: Adventure Gamers’ 20 Best Adventure Games, Computer Gaming World’s Adventure Game of the Year 1994, and Honorable Mention in The A.V. Club’s Top 100 Games of All-Time
- Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
- Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
- Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
- Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content, including original concept art, behind-the-scenes extras, exclusive new interviews and more!